THIS POSITION WILL BEOPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BY 6/28/2019 WILL BE CONSIDRED FIRST.
SALARY: 59,923.00 - 74,904.00 Salary USD
Under general direction, audits the City’s ambulance
contractor’s adherence to contract requirements and assists the EMS Medical
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to analyze the City ambulance contractor's performance to ensure contractual compliance, primarily through auditing EMS data and using database software to derive statistics to evaluate program success; prepare recommendations regarding the ambulance services contract, ordinances and policy and procedure issues;
2. Ability to act as liaison between the Fire Department, ambulance provider, local hospitals, the medical community, and citizen and civic groups; attend meetings of various committees, organizations and boards to represent the Fire Department and Arlington ambulance contractor concerning EMS issues; audit the services and fees provided from and to the ambulance contractor.
3. Ability to perform City EMS permitting functions, including reviewing applications, collecting fees, and issuing permits for Ambulance personnel; inspect ambulances and determine compliance with requirements mandated by the Emergency Physicians' Advisory Board (EPAB) medical director; review applications and make recommendations on applications for Certificates of Public Convenience and Necessity
4. Ability to work with the EPAB medical director to develop and write all EMS protocols, policies, procedures and pharmaceutical information used by both the Arlington Fire Department and Arlington ambulance contractor, fully preparing them for publication. Ability to produce a variety of complex and detailed documents pertaining to prehospital emergency medical services that clearly articulate original ideas.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
5. Ability to interpret and apply the City Ambulance Ordinance, and communicate responses to infractions.
6. Ability to coordinate EPAB meetings and handle all correspondence pertaining to EPAB activities.
7. Ability to interpret and explain regulations pertaining to the provision of prehospital EMS by city first responders.
8. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of current trends in the operations of an EMS system, including System Status Management.
- Knowledge of federal, state and City laws, statutes and ordinances applicable to emergency medical services.
Advanced knowledge of emergency medical services equipment and procedures.
- Skill in the statistical analysis of prehospital EMS vehicle response time performance.
- Skill in investigating complaints regarding the provision of prehospital EMS.
- Ability to understand and interpret laws, contracts and other documents regulating the city's ambulance contractor and first responders.
- Ability to understand and comply with oral and written instructions.
- Ability to meet and deal with the public appropriately and effectively, including responding to inquiries and complaints about the Arlington EMS System in general and complaints about service provided during specific responses.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical skills including but not limited to seeing, sorting, carrying and typing.
- Technical writing ability (i.e. Medical Protocols, Standard Operating Procedures, correspondence to ambulance contractor, correspondence to ambulance ordinance violators).
Qualifying Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Emergency Medical Services, Business, Public Administration, Public Health, or related; and three years of experience of providing Emergency Medical Services, analytical and/or statistical assistance, to include progressive supervisory experience. Paramedic certification is also required. Successful completion of pre-employment screenings, to include a criminal background check.