School Crossing Guard - Seasonal
Location School Safety
Work Status Seasonal
POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
14.85 - 14.85 Hourly USD
Stopping traffic and assisting school children and other pedestrians to safely cross the street.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Safely escort or direct children when crossing the street.
2. Monitor traffic flow to locate safe gaps through which the children can safely cross the street.
3. Using a hand-held stop sign, safely direct traffic to stop until children cross the street
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of City and State laws governing school zones.
- Ability to follow Crossing Guard rules, regulations, and Policy Manuals.
- Ability to speak and read clearly
- Ability to stand, walk, and move quickly.
- Ability to work morning and afternoon shifts daily.
- Ability to have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions.
- Ability to hold a stop sign overhead and blow a whistle.
- Ability to pass a physical, have good hearing, have at least 20/40 vision.
- Ability to lift traffic cones up to 10 lbs., climb 75 steps/hr, standing posture up to 30 min.
Qualifying Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
Offer of Employment is conditional upon satisfactory completion of the following:
· Criminal Background Check
· Drug & Alcohol Screening
· Physical and HPE Screening