GIS Supervisor - Water Utilities
THIS POSITION WILL CLOSE ON 10/27/2020.
SALARY: 60,356.10 - 75,445.65 Salary USD
JOB SUMMARY: Under general direction,
supervises GIS staff, coordinating and assigning tasks, training staff on
technical procedures; assisting in the accurate development and maintenance of
Water Utilities GIS datasets; and providing application user support and troubleshooting
problems for end users.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to supervise GIS Technicians, GIS Researchers, and Engineering Information Specialist, including performance evaluations, training plans, and disciplinary issues; review subordinates work and verify accuracy; coordinate and assign graphics research, data entry and map requests so that deadlines are met; maintain records and time schedules; communicate progress on GIS coverage, population, maintenance and data entry; maintain and report monthly, quarterly, and annual data; communicate progress to supervisor; train on proper procedures; and prepare and present training information to assist in staff development.
2. Ability to assist in the accurate development and maintenance of Utilities GIS dataset with the ability to notice and correct discrepancies in data; assist in recovery of GIS dataset from a damaged state; develop and maintain applications and relational databases including WIS time/project tracking and Work Order Management Query.
3. Ability to utilize ArcGIS Model Builder and/or Python scripts to automate repetitive functions; maintain and enforce geodatabase rules; and provide ArcGIS application user support.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to operate ArcGIS software for updating GIS water and sanitary sewer layers and database to reflect as built plans and field verification throughout the service area and create new layers for use in mapping and analysis.
2. Ability to create or revise working drawings of detailed site plans for representation of statistical data to be used by engineers at City Council and other civic meetings using ArcGIS; monitor subdivision and project status files and other databases and submit computer generated reports and maps to management.
3. Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities Required:
of ArcGIS software.
Knowledge of Geo database design and use.
Knowledge of and ability to use SQL to conduct accurate database queries.
Knowledge of civil engineering principles and practices.
Knowledge of relational database design and operation, including MS Access and MS Excel.
Knowledge of art mediums, in order to create graphic displays.
creating maps using ArcGIS software.
Skill in interpreting sketches and field notes.
Skill in communicating with other City employees and the public by
oral and written means.
Skill in selecting from alternative methods the most efficient way
to enter data, verify database accuracy and produce maps.
organize and delegate job assignments.
Ability to follow up and determine if scheduled deadlines will be
Ability to communicate work progress and job assignments.
Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Ability to use functionality in all ArcGIS modules.
Ability to communicate knowledgeably about AutoCAD, AutoCAD files
Ability to read and interpret legal property descriptions,
engineering drawings, records and maps.
to sit or stand for long periods of time performing detailed work
Ability to perform a variety of physical skills, including but not
limited to, seeing, carrying, holding,
calculating, typing, and writing.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment, including but
not limited to, calculator, PC, telephone, and copier.
Qualifying Education and Experience
degree in Geography, Environmental Science, Engineering, Computer Science, or
related field, plus a minimum of two years’
experience using ArcGIS. Possession of a valid Class C Texas Driver’s License. Successful
completion of background check, including but not limited to, a comprehensive
criminal history check, physical, drug-screen and motor vehicle check.