GIS Applications Developer - IT Software Services
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!!
SALARY: 76,049.00 - 101,399.00 Salary USD
Under general direction, develops and implements GIS applications for the city departments, including the designing, programming, testing and troubleshooting of GIS applications, geodatabases, and related GIS systems; produces and reviews preliminary and detailed designs for new or modified database elements, and designs geodatabases and data elements for an enterprise GIS; develops technical procedures and trains city staff on their use; assists in the accurate development and maintenance of an enterprise GIS database and related systems; and provides application user support and troubleshoots problems for the end-user.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to design, program and test GIS applications using various languages; design, program, test and publish GIS application executables; produce and review preliminary and detailed designs for new or modified database elements; design an enterprise GIS geodatabase.
2. Ability to design and implement custom, scalable web-based GIS technologies.
3. Ability to maintain GIS features and enforce GIS database standards; coordinate with internal staff and other City departments regarding database standards; troubleshoot spatial database operations; update database structure as required by daily operations and application development; support GIS applications; and provide 24 hour "on-call" support for all enterprise GIS environments.
4. Ability to coordinate the maintenance of GIS features to ensure departmental and external deadlines are met; train technical staff in the use of advanced GIS functionality and the development of complex programming and processes
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
5. Ability to perform GIS software operations; perform activities associated with the operation and coordination of implementation and enhancements of an enterprise GIS including ad hoc queries and plots of enterprise GIS data.
6. Ability to recommend enhancements to proposed or current programs/processes and assist in evaluating requirements for GIS database enhancement and system upgrades.
7. Ability to assist in the research and evaluation of new GIS software that may be applicable to an enterprise GIS and provide training classes on enterprise GIS applications to internal and external users.
8. Ability to prepare GIS application user manuals and documentation of GIS application programs; prepare and maintain program and process documentation related to an enterprise GIS
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge (minimum 4 years’ experience) developing within the ESRI/ArcGIS platform.
- Knowledge of SOAP and ReSTful web communication and the ability to create map services.
- Knowledge of web communications and SSL encryption, web security, and reverse proxy configuration.
- Knowledge of relational database design and operation and SQL (structured query language), knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server preferred.
- Skill in the design and programming of GIS applications using Microsoft Visual Studio and the ESRI suite of development technologies.
- Skill to select a conventional or alternative method of processing information
- Ability to think in logical terms and to communicate well with GIS users to translate application concepts into GIS applications.
- Ability to discern which software should be used to program a GIS user application.
- Ability to translate technical concepts and terminology to be understood by ArcGIS users.
- Ability to organize and delegate job assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other city employees orally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize workload with limited supervision.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment including but not limited to GIS, AutoCAD, personal computers, GPS, large-format plotter, and telephone.
- Ability to perform a variety of physical skills including, but not limited to seeing, sitting, standing, typing, walking and writing.
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and make fine discriminations in sound.
Qualifying Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Geography,
Environmental Science, Engineering,
Computer Science or related field and a minimum of 4 years of relevant work years’ experience; or, a Master's Degree in a related field (preferred) with a minimum of two years’
experience in programming is required. Experience
working with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder,
and/or ArcGIS Server applications with ArcObjects/ArcPro SDK and Visual Studio
.Net is preferred. Experience with
Microsoft SQL*Server a plus.
An offer of Employment is conditional upon satisfactory completion of the following: Criminal History Check.