Marketing Communications Manager
Location Management Resources
Work Status Full Time
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
SALARY: 82,549.00 - 103,186.00
Under general direction, is
responsible for the management of all Office of Communication (OCC) services
develops publicity and marketing/communication plans for the department; and,
assists in the development
of goals and objectives for the division.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Ability to manage all Office of
Communication (OOC) services and activities, including personnel management, budget
compilation and compliance, and work plan completion; ability to manage the
development and implementation
of the division's goals, objectives, policies, and priorities.
to manage content development, productions and distribution of all public
information, educational, and marketing
material distributed by the OOC to the City staff, City Council, and the
public; ability to manage content and
operation of the City's Cable Channel and Website and of written content
produced by the OOC; and the ability to manage emergency communications in the
Emergency Operations Center when activated.
to coordinate the activities of the public information staff in OOC and other
departments; ability to ensure the
approach and philosophy to providing citywide public information is uniform;
ability to manage resources to provide
City departments with the public information support and training needed for
the organization to appear knowledgeable,
competent, professional, and accountable.
to develop and coordinate publicity and marketing for the City Manager's
Office; provide public relations counsel to
the Mayor and City Council; ability to provide city representation on community
projects; and ability to manage
citywide communication teams.
to act as Director of Financial & Management Resources in his/her absence.
6. Ability to act as the primary contact for citywide press
relations, working with both print, web and broadcast media regarding citywide issues.
7. Ability to develop and coordinate publicity plans and marketing
campaigns for special City projects and activities.
8. Ability to assist the City Manager's Office with special
projects other than communication projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of research methods,
interviewing techniques, graphic design, photography and printing.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the television industry including, television production techniques
and of trends and industry standards for television production.
- Knowledge of public
information and public relations principles and practices.
- Knowledge of operational characteristics, services, and activities of a public/community relations program.
- Knowledge of management, particularly the principles of supervision, training, budgeting, and performance evaluation
- Knowledge of organization, function, and authority of City departments.
- Knowledge of computer, broadcast and audio technology, particularly the skills required in using the equipment to communicate or capture a message, and how to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of the web industry including, web site production techniques and of trends and industry standards for web
- Superior writing skills and ability
to plan and direct projects from inception to completion.
- Ability to receive detailed
information through oral communication and make fine discriminations in sound.
- Ability to
operate a variety of office equipment including, but not limited to PC, fax
machine, calculator and copier.
- Ability to
perform a variety of physical skills including, but not limited to carrying,
filing, holding, seeing, sitting, sorting,
typing, and writing.
Qualifying Education and
A Bachelor's Degree in
Communication, Marketing, or Business Management related field, plus a minimum
of 3 years
related, progressive experience in the field, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience. MBA
preferred. Possession of a valid Texas Operator's License, Class C, with a good
driving record. Must successfully
complete required pre-employment screens which include criminal background