Economic Development Specialist
Economic Development Corp
THIS POSITION IS OPEN UNTIL FILLED!
SALARY: 62,320.00 - 90,000.00 Salary USD
general direction, assist with the coordination, marketing, implementation and
monitoring of various Economic Development programs for the City.
to implement economic development strategy and programs with cross-functional
support under the direction of the Economic Development Manager and serve as project
manager in production of various marketing/promotional products including DVD, annual Dallas
Business Journal insert, brochures, maps, etc.
2. Ability to prepare
informational reports and presentations for targeted audiences and coordinate
marketing efforts for OED to include writing and publishing the quarterly OED
newsletter, advertising, web-site development and managing Arlington Isites program.
3. Ability to assist the
Economic Development Manager in management of the tax incentive process,
business retention and expansion, and business recruitment.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
4. Ability to research best
5. Ability to conduct duties as assigned including: International Protocol Office, contracts
with the Chamber of Commerce, Convention and Visitors
Bureau and Development Corporation, and International Trade activities.
6. Coordinate trade show
participation and special economic industry events.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of Economic Development principles and practices.
- Knowledge of current Economic Development, demographics and market trends in the regional area.
- Skilled in communicating with the general public, other City employees, professional service providers, economic development agency representatives, and the media in order to gather and provide information.
- Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with management, co-workers, representatives from other city departments, private consultants, and the general public.
- Skilled in drafting correspondence for distribution to a variety of targeted audiences in order to promote and market Arlington as a business location.
- Skilled in researching a wide range of topics and present information clearly and accurately.
- Skilled in making decisions and exercise resourcefulness in meeting new challenges.
- Skilled in determining priorities and managing multiple assignments successfully.
- Skilled in collecting, reviewing, and analyzing technical and statistical data.
- Skilled in computer application programs including Microsoft Office, Photo Shop, and website development.
Education and Experience:
in Public or Business Administration, Urban Planning, Finance, Real Estate or a
related field plus two to three years of related experience. Completion of the Basic
Economic Development Courses (BEDC) or the Economic Development Institute (EDI) preferred.
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background